Monday, June 30, 2008

Homestudy and necklace arrive today!!

We received two super exciting things in the mail today...


We got our notarized homestudy! Very good news. That means Andy should be able to get our I800 form sent this week! This next stage is kind of the wildcard in the waiting game. The wait time to hear back from the CIS could be as short as a few months to as long as...we don't know. But, when you're counting in months, it all seems long.


And, maybe not so exciting to some (Andy), but very exciting to me (and any other girly-girls that love jewelry)...my custom-made adoption/china necklace came today! I ordered a silver necklace from a lady that loves adoption and makes great adoption related pieces of jewelry (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5208670). I took bits and pieces from things I liked and had her make a special China necklace just for me. It has the country of China molded in metal with a heart placed right where Caleb is (Chengdu) and has "faith, hope, love" imprinted on the background in Chinese characters. It is engraved with "Caleb, I will come to you" on the back. I love it, love it, love it! It was my birthday, mother's day and anniversary gift all in one.


It may seem silly to mention a necklace. But, anticipating Caleb's arrival to our family and waiting for an unknown amount of time is a bit like being pregnant with no due date. I think I just want to carry a part of Caleb with me. I want people to know he is part of our family and we are waiting for him. Aside from posting his picture on my forehead or belly, I can't think of a sweeeter thing than having this reminder to me and to others that we are preparing for and so very excited about his arrival! Whenever that may be...


Today we are one step closer and I have a small silver necklace to remind me.

3 comments:

danimal2010 said...

Hello Julia and Family!
I just read the blog. I love how far you have come. It's all so exciting. The necklace is so special, it is beyond words. Dan and I love you. You are all in our thoughts.
Love,
Liz and Dan

Team Houston said...

I am doing the HOME STUDY DANCE for you guys!

One step closer.

Blog looks great :)

xoxo Michele

McDermott Fam said...

Hi Julia (and family),
We are so excited about your blog! This will be a great way to keep everyone updated. It sounds like things are really coming along. Before we know it...Caleb will be here for good. We are praying for you guys.

Love,
Scott, Havilah, and Kade