Friday, September 19, 2008

Finally, some good news!

Well, this week I decided to call the CIS number more than just on Fridays. I started on Tuesday and spoke to a really nice lady. I asked her if she could please, please, please get someone at least assigned to our case. She said she would ask her supervisor about it at the end of the day. I waited for her to call on Wednesday and she never did. I called on Thursday and had to leave a message on her voicemail. I decided I would just call every day until someone got sick of me and flagged our file to get reviewed so they wouldn't have to talk to me every day!

I was telling a friend how I was waiting to hear from the lady and that I was hoping the supervisor would call someone to take action on our paperwork. My friend said I needed to pray specifically that God would show favor on us. Well, guess what?... The end of the story is that I called the nice lady again today and she put me on hold for a long time. She got back on the phone and literally says, "well, since you asked to have your file reviewed, I will do it." You've got to be kidding me! I was so thrilled. I was a bit flabbergasted that the letter we attached to our form begging for them to review our file quickly, and the weekly phone calls didn't work but today one lady heard my plea and said yes. So today is yet another day that I can point to and say, yes, God is still moving in the this process, has everything under control and has a perfect timeline. Bummer that I still tend to think my timing is pretty good and need this lesson again. I am working on that daily.

One other thing to mention, I saw that China is in the news yet again. Not good news. Apparently there is a huge recall of baby formula and milk products. At first, I thought it wouldn't affect Caleb, but it very likely could. And even if it doesn't, I have a heart for all the Chinese children in orphanages and foster care. Please pray for the health and safety of not only Caleb, but all the orphans. julia.

2 comments:

McDermott Fam said...

That is awesome Julia! His timing is perfect...I have to remind myself of that fact daily too! It is so easy to forget. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that things are going in the right direction. God's hand is so evident throughout this entire process for you guys.

jamie said...

Hello~ You don't even know me...but I know of your story from a good friend of mine that belongs to your church. Anyways, I log on daily to hear of the updates as to when you can bring sweet Caleb home and yes I usually end up with tears in my eyes...either from the pictures, or the songs, or from just the hope that prayers will be answered. And everynight, I go to bed and pray for you and your family. Best Wishes!