Saturday, March 21, 2009

huh?

That's all I could say when I read the CIS letter we just got. "Huh?"

We were expecting an approval letter and got a "receipt /acknowledgement notice" instead today. For those of you in this new i800 adoption process: it is the same letter we got when our i800a form was officially logged into the CIS system. The only difference is that this letter, THANK GOODNESS, does not say we'll have an answer within 90 days (that meant no one even looked at it until, you guessed it, almost 90 days). There is no time frame noted on the letter we received today, so I'll be pushing for immediate action on Monday morning.

It took two weeks to get this "we've received your papers" letter and we are praying it doesn't take another two weeks for someone to actually look at our i800. At least I have a new phone number to call on Monday. I'll be trying my best to track down a live human being who may actually know what is going on with our paperwork Monday morning.

My friend who is also waiting on her i800 approval said something in her last email that I just loved. She said, "They should offer a degree in patience/waiting at the end of this whole process, or at least a certificate of insanity!"

I completely agree.

3 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I pray things go at lightning speed from this point on! :)

Blessings,
Tami
Noah's mama
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Team Houston said...

UGH!!! What's next!!??!!

Thinking of you guys.

xoxo Michele

Andrea said...

DDDAAANNNGGG!
What is the hold up??

Oh how I long for the days of the good ole' I600A!(SIGH)

xoxo,
A