Monday, March 23, 2009

so close to approval

It's been another roller coaster today in regards to our i800 being approved. Here's the short version:

Good: I called and found out that the nice CIS lady that was assigned to our i800a paperwork(back in July) is the one who will work on our i800 papers. Great news, actually, b/c that meant I had a name, phone number AND email contact that I know is reliable (as opposed to the 1-800 number that proved to be worthless for getting any answers)

Bad: She wasn't in the office when I called this morning. I left a message.

Bad/Good: I had a dental appointment (I HATE having my teeth cleaned almost as much as I hate needles) that I got in and out of within 40 minutes and the kids were wonderful (!!).

Good: Andy called while I was at the dentist to say that Melissa (the nice CIS lady) had reviewed our i800 this morning!!...

Bad: and we had a few problems with it. One paper was on the wrong letterhead from our adoption agency and Andy's name was on a form that actually needed Caleb's name on it.

Good: Andy got a hold of our adoption agency caseworker immediately and she overnighted the correct letterhead to the CIS. Andy fixed the form that was wrong and got it to the post office before noon today. Both corrections should be at the CIS office tomorrow by noon.

Bad: Last time we overnighted papers to the CIS office, it took a day or two to get to the nice lady's desk. Apparently, the mail room system is huge and complicated? All in all, theses two minor problems may end up taking a week or more to arrange.

Good: My friend who was waiting on the exact same i800 approval got her approval today (!!!)

Bad/Confusing?: We're pretty sure we had the exact same letterhead and filled out the papers the same, yet ours wasn't approved. How can that be?

Good: I had oreos in the house today. I rarely buy such luxuries.

Bad: I ate too many oreos to count and now feel like I'm going to throw up. Too much of a good thing really is awful.

Good: At least something is happening and we're talking days and weeks now instead of months.

So, we're looking at another week of shuffling papers to and from Missouri, Indiana, and Oregon. If all goes as planned (ya, right!...) our papers should be on their way to China next week.

Is it really just Monday? I sense this may be a very long week.

2 comments:

Team Houston said...

I remembering having a lot of Oreo's before out trips to China ;0

xoxo Michele

Gretta said...

Oreos! You're a gal after my own heart Julia! What a perfect treat for your stressful day. I can't even begin to imagine how excited/frustrated you and Andy must get throughout this process. We so look forward to seeing photos of Caleb in your home, completing your family! :) God bless! We're praying for you often!