Tuesday, April 28, 2009

tuesday

Tuesday. Nothing. To. Report. About. China. Or. Caleb.

9 weeks since our LOC.

14 months since we began this adoption process.

6 and 1/2 weeks until Caleb turns 4.

Swine flu = travel restrictions/complications? I won't be shocked if this becomes an issue for us.

I could go crazy right now. I'm choosing not to. Some days are easier than others. And just when I come close to jumping in the "woe is me, I'm done waiting and can't take it anymore" pit Nathan usually walks into the room and makes me laugh. Every day. Without fail. Here's a sampling of life with Nathan...

Just a few minutes after getting out a 300 piece puzzle. Nathan: "Uh, I don't think I'm going to do this puzzle after all..."

While he is laying on the carpet contemplating whether or not to do the puzzle: "Is carpet just made from animal's fur?"

Yesterday, after about 2 hours of playing outside, he comes to the door soaking wet. Nathan: "Uh, Mom, I need to change my clothes b/c I got sprayed with the fertilizer. I mean, the bug spray. You know, that thing that attaches to the hose?" Me: "So, you're telling me that you're covered with fertilizer or possibly bug spray?" Nathan: "Um. Ya."

"Do you talk with your tongue? Because if you do, that's kind of creepy."

After Andy spends at least 10 minutes frantically searching the house for his beloved Colt's cap, he asks Nathan, "Nate, have you seen my hat?" Nathan: "Oh ya, Dad." Andy: "Well, where is it?" Nathan (with a huge grin on his face): "Welllll, it's on the couch downstairs. Under a blanket." Andy: "Really, it is?" Nathan: "Yes." (insert L-O-N-G pause here)...."Aaaaaand, I sat on it."

4 comments:

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

Nathan sounds like a lively cute ball of fun! :) I bet you can't wait to get Caleb in the mixture there :) I can understand about stayin out of that place when you get overwhelmed with it all. These little guys sure do help! :)

Blessings,
Tami
Noah, Celeste, and Jeremiah's mama
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthemhome.blogspot.com

Andrea said...

Nathan is a hoot!
Wait until you have those boys together!
Fun times are a comin'!

xoxo,
A

Kay Bratt said...

Hang in there!

Erica Russell said...

I think maybe today is the day that it is getting "stamped" in China!!! :)