Wednesday, April 29, 2009

i think He's got the wrong girl

It's been a dreary, hazy, lazy kind of day here in our house. Yes, the sun may be shining briefly now but it doesn't make much of a difference to me at this point. I have heard via a pretty reliable adoption website that there is a possibility that Travel Approvals may not be issued for 20-30 days due to the swine flu. I had a feeling that the flu situation could affect our travel. But I did not think it would be immediate and that it may delay our travel for over a month. Oh, how I seriously do NOT think I can handle any more emotional ups and downs. I just sent an email to our adoption agency on Monday asking for an update on our Travel Approval. Our case worker said she was hopeful we'd get it this week or next. Then today I get the opposite kind of news. Can this be more painful? Really. I keep telling God that I am not the kind of girl that can handle these kind of things. Apparently He either thinks the same thing and is changing me or He thinks I really can handle this all. Whatever it is. I'm not liking it. There. I'll admit it. It's ok. God knows this already. I've already told him about my issues. Not that He needs to be reminded. For some reason, I think He does. I still think He's picked the wrong girl to go through this.

And, just to end things on a better note...

Homeschooling. For me, I'm either loving it or...let's just say, not. Most of the time I love it. And here is one of the many reasons why. I had just peeked into Nathan's room and saw this. I mean, really, how much better does it get for a boy? Doing schoolwork on your bed, in your jammies, listening to Veggie Tales, and disguised as a StormTrooper. I'm telling you, this boy is stinking funny. And half the time he doesn't even know it.

It's from a few months ago. I still laugh every time I see it. Something about Nathan just does that to me.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

LOVE THE VIDEO!
THAT IS WHAT WE DO!
Only BEN is usually in his underwear! LOL!

We have to pray down this swine flu thing..We have planes to catch!

xoxo,
A