Wednesday, May 6, 2009

how many ways?

I'm not sure how many ways I can say the same thing. So I won't even try.

1. We're waiting.

2. We have no idea when we'll get our Travel Approval.

3. All previous guesses were wrong.

4. Is there a nicer way to say "I'm sick of waiting"? If so, insert it here { }.

The last week has been a mess of ups and downs. The swine flu (or h1whatever the pig industry sensitive name is) has or has not been holding our travel approval up. Ya, that's about as much info we have on that right now. It's all speculation and lot of "so and so said this" and "so and so said the opposite". It ends up just making me an emotional mess and leaves us in exactly the same place. Waiting.

And this has been a particularly hard time to have delays because Caleb's birthday is next month. He turns 4 on June 12. We had planned on that being his first birthday party at home. I will have the hardest time ever if we don't have answers by then. If we don't get our Travel Approval within the next few weeks, he won't be home by then.

I will stop at that because nothing good comes from me thinking about the "what ifs" and the "could have beens." It leads to a dark and teary place for me. Instead I will stand on these promises:

The eyes of the Lord are in every place,
keeping watch on the evil and the good.
Proverbs 15: 3


Cast your burden on the Lord,
and he will sustain you;
he will never permit
the righteous to be moved.
Psalm 55:22



Our God comes;
he does not keep silence;
before him is a devouring fire,
around him a mighty tempest.
Psalm 50: 3


The Lord is near to the brokenhearted
and saves the crushed in spirit.
Psalm 34: 18

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Praying that you are in your home with ALL of your children abround you on JUNE 12th.

xoxo,
A

Andrea said...

OK...I meant A-ROUND you..not abround you.
I really have to slow down.

xoxo,
A

trina said...

Hang on to hope. It could very well be on it's way now...and you would for sure be having a party..a big party!! Praying with you that God will move..and melt mountains. Hugs.

Andrea said...

Hey chick.
Left you an answer on my blog.

xoxo,
A