Sunday, May 10, 2009

of all places

Guess where the first reported case of swine flu in China is?

Chengdu.

Of all places.

The very city our Caleb is in.

We'll just have to wait and see how this all plays out and what this may mean for our travel plans. Well, that is if we are even able to make travel plans. We're still waiting on our TA.

I'd love to try and see the good in all of this. But right now I can't. Once again, I'm choosing to trust that God knew these details even before they came to be.

For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts are higher than your thoughts.
Isaiah 55: 8-9

4 comments:

Jolene Powell said...

Are you kidding me? Seriously!!! Ugh! Today at church, I was reminded to walk in the spirit, not in the flesh. I know that is so hard, but remember God has great plans for your family! He loves you! Take care, and in the meantime, I am hoping to see that LOA tomorrow! Tomorrow is day 110. I know how you feel.

Andrea said...

WHAT?!?!?!?!?
I am floored.
OK..for the next few days you are FORBIDDEN to turn on the TV, RADIO, or COMPUTER.
HAPPY THOUGHTS ONLY!!!
Praying it is here this week.

xoxo,
A

Tami and Bobby Sisemore Family said...

I am so praying that this all clears up soon and you get your TA SOON!!!!

Blessings,
Tami
Mama to Celeste, Noah and Jeremiah
PRAYING JEREMIAH HOME QUICKLY
www.tillGodbringsthome.blogspot.com

trina said...

Many friends have gotten their TA just this Friday so I know yours must be on it's way soon. I just know it. I'm praying that travel will not be held up and that you will have Caleb so very soon. Hugs!!