Friday, August 7, 2009

can you even believe?!

Really. Is it even possible that this scared, frowny faced boy is our Caleb?


Just look at him now!




Sweet as could be...


and obsessed with anything that has wheels.


He even spotted a blue Honda Odyssey the other day and started freaking out in a crazy excited kind of way b/c that is the car Mama drives and it rocked his world that there would be another person driving it. He kept yelling things in Chinese and pointing to the other van and then pointing to me (I was driving at the time) and seemed all confused yet somewhat giddy about the fact that there was another car JUST LIKE HIS MOM'S CAR and someone else was driving it. Hilarious, huh? He certainly thought so.

Here is a rare family photo of all six of us.

It was from the VBS kick-off at church the other week. And, boy did Caleb love VBS. In fact, we have the CD with all the songs from the week and we use it as his wake-up music on his CD alarm clock, which, by the way, has solved all of his sleeping (or rather non-sleeping!) issues. I'm telling you, Caleb is one smart boy. We spent about 15 minutes trying to tell him that he has to stay in bed until the music comes on. Not an easy task considering we don't speak the same languages! So we did some creative role-playing/acting to try and get the message across. And, by golly, that boy got it. Even if he is wide awake, he just lays in bed waiting for his music to come on. And when it does, he jumps out of bed, comes running down the hall w/this huge grin on his face and yells, "All done night night" complete with all of the role-playing hand gestures that we used to teach him what to do in the first place. He closes his eyes and "lays" his head on his hands and then pops up his head and opens his eyes and starts dancing. Then I have to follow him back to his room so he can dance and sing and do all the motions to the song. Every day, twice a day, without fail. Can I just say that we are blessed beyond blessed? Because we are. Immensely.

Oh, and I almost forgot to share this one. Caleb got tubes in his ears this week. The surgery was quick and easy (for him and for us). This picture was from bath time the day of the surgery. When he awoke from his anesthesia, the nurses told me the first thing he said was "Mama." It warmed my heart.

5 comments:

Erica Russell said...

He is seriously the cutest boy ever (and I can say that truthfully since I only have girls!) love, love, love his little outfit in the professional picture. I just want to pinch those cheeks! (did that make me sound 80?)

trina said...

He's soooo cute! I'm so happy he is home and so happy with his forever family.
trina

Andrea said...

Beautiful to see.
I love the family picture.

xoxo,
A

Stacey said...

I love the portrait you had done of him. So cute. I started a blog, you can find me at:

http://29lincolnavenue.blogspot.com/

Laurie and company said...

Julia and fam,

Caleb is so precious. So happy for your family...love the pictures and the funny things you said...

Congrats,

Laurie Young