Tuesday, June 9, 2009

hanging out in style

Guess where we are?! Chicago. I have survived one flight. Just a few more to go during the next two weeks. Well, it's more like 5 more to go, but I don't really like to think of it as that many. So a few more it is.

We only slept about 3 hours last night (this morning?) and were up at 4:3o am so we're already tired. Not exhausted though. Right now we are hanging out in the super-secret room where cool business people like my cousin hang out when they travel (thanks, Patrick and Carol!). We've got super comfy leather chairs to relax in and snacks to snack on and drinks to drink and decent bathrooms to use and clean, quiet people to sit by. Ahh, we could get used to this!

Our flight to Beijing has been delayed a bit and as of right now, we are scheduled to depart at 1:30pm, Chicago time. That gets us to China around 4 pm (which is 4 am for our internal clocks b/c of the 12 hour time difference). Just in time for us to get to our hotel and crash. That's also when we break open the Ambien and hope it works!

Our next post will be Beijing! I wonder if Caleb has any idea how close we are?

3 comments:

Gretta said...

Oh Julia! You are on my heart and in my thoughts sooooo much today! Sorry I can't hang with you guys at Ohare ....Jaden has an eye dr. appt..... anyway.... I'll be checking your blog and FB like crazy! Please know how much we are praying for you! Give Andy a hug for us. We love you both! I'm so proud of you...... you really are holding up well (despite what you think) with the traveling anxiety! We will be in Indy 2 times this summer for my dr. appts......We'd love to get together! God bless you my friend! :)

trina said...

You are on your way!! So far, your China travels are just like ours...no sleep the night before...but so excited to be on your way!! I'm sooo excited for you.

Charmaine said...

Oh Julia, I was just telling my kids this morning that it is THE DAY! We will be praying for you guys every night. Love, C